SENDco - Spinghead Park Primary School
Post Title: SENDco (part time)
School: Springhead Park Primary School
Location: Springhead Parkway, Northfleet, DA11 8BY
Contract Type: Part time
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours/Percentage of Week: 19.50 hours / 3 days a week
Weeks per year: 52
Grade: MPS plus SEN allowance
Post Start Date: September 2021
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 21st June 2021, 12noon
Interview Date: TBC
Following a hugely successful first year of opening, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and committed SENDco on a part time basis to support our growing school community. If you are hoping to make a difference to children's education, to nurture children’s dream and talents today in order to empower them to reach their potential tomorrow, then Springhead Park Primary could be the school for you!
We are an inclusive school which values difference. We understand that each of our children are individual and we seek to meet their needs through a curriculum which is vibrant, dynamic and practical. We know that children who enjoy their learning are engaged and therefore make the best progress; it is crucial to us that every child achieves the most that they can and becomes the best that they can be.
We are looking to appoint a positive, hardworking, skilled and ambitious practitioner who wants to make a real difference to children’s lives. This role requires an experienced person who will work with our Inclusion Leader to co-ordinate and monitor the delivery of SEND support throughout the school whilst working in harmony with staff, families and other key stakeholders.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to contribute the growing culture and reputation of our fantastic school.
- A team of like-minded and very skilled professionals, committed to giving EVERY pupil a very high standard of education.
- The chance to work with some wonderfully creative, polite and hardworking children and their families.
- Support to develop your practise and career development.
- The opportunity to network with colleagues across a range of schools across the trust.
Visits to the school are encouraged (outside of the normal school day). Please contact the school office to arrange this:
Tel: 01474 555155
Information About our School
Springhead Park Primary School is located on the rapidly growing Springhead Park housing development in Northfleet, Kent. We are a growing two-form entry school with pupils from Nursery to Year 4 (Year 5 in September 2021.)
We offer a holistic approach to primary education. Springhead Park Primary is an empowering place of learning where children are taught to the highest of academic standards, and love to learn. We will achieve this through a wide breadth and richness of our everyday curriculum, ensuring that every child has an entitlement to the whole curriculum in order to find their individual talents and passions.
To meet this aim, there are 4 pillars on which we will build our educational culture:
- Academic success: to succeed in life, we will ensure that our children have the basic skills to access the world around them and understand how they can contribute to it.
- Experiential, Enquiry-Led Learning: we will create circumstances whereby children can explore problems, current issues and themes, then create their own innovative solutions. In this way we will develop our pupil’s knowledge, curiosity, resilience and creative problem-solving skills.
- Learning beyond the classroom: children will be inspired by heritage sites, cultural opportunities, the arts, sporting opportunities and make efforts to engage in issues that will affect their communities and the future.
- Complimentary technology: children will have regular access to technology to help them access their learning, develop creative solutions and communicate their thoughts, ideas and creations across the entire curriculum.
As a newly opening school, Springhead Park can offer you the chance to contribute to establishing this holistic, creative and outward facing culture from the very beginning of the journey.
The school is part of the Primary First Trust, a primary only family of schools that has already demonstrated a commitment to improving standards and also working with effective professionals on career development both within their individual schools and the wider Trust.
For further information about the school, please visit our website:
To apply for this vacancy please complete the attached application form, available to download from the downloads section below, paying particular attention to Section 4 of the form, to indicate how you satisfy the criteria set out in the Person Specification. You will also be required to complete and return a Self-Disclosure form with your application. CV’s will not be accepted. Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon, Monday 21st June. Alternatively, you can post your completed application form to Mr Wayne Clayton, Headteacher at Springhead Park Primary School, Springhead Parkway, Northfleet, DA11 8BY.
Springhead Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring check and other employment checks. Springhead Park Primary School is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery. References will be requested for those shortlisted ONLY and prior to interview.
The Primary First Trust and Springhead Park Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Primary First Trust operates an equal opportunities policy.