Learning Support Assistant; Nursery - Springhead Park Primary School
Post Title: Learning Support Assistant (Nursery)
School: Springhead Park Primary School
Location: Springhead Parkway, Northfleet, DA11 8BY
Contract Type: Part time
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours/Percentage of Week: 32.50 hours per week (Monday-Friday 8:30-3:30pm)
Weeks per year: Term Time / 39 weeks
Grade: PFT B1. £19,853 full time equivalent.
Actual pro rata £14,867 p.a
Post Start Date: September 2021
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 21st June 2021, 12noon
Interview Date: Week Commencing: 27th June 2021
Following a hugely successful first year of opening, we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and committed Learning Support Assistant to join our growing school community. If you can make a difference to children's education, can nurture children’s dreams and talents today in order to empower them to reach their potential tomorrow, then Springhead Park Primary could be the school for you!
The successful candidate will work mainly in our Early Years Setting and occasionally across the school. It is essential that the successful candidate is able to build strong relationships with the children in order to develop their learning and also work closely with the class teacher to establish and maintain daily routines and foster a positive classroom climate. Experience of the working in Early Years, along with a Level 2 (or higher) Teaching Assistant qualification, is desirable though not essential.
Springhead Park Primary is an inclusive school, and as such the successful candidate will provide support for children to overcome a range of barriers to learning, this includes children with special educational needs.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to contribute the growing culture and reputation of our fantastic school.
- A team of like-minded and very skilled professionals, committed to giving pupils a very high standard of education.
- The chance to work with some wonderfully creative, polite and hardworking children and their families.
- Support to develop your practise and career development.
- The opportunity to network with colleagues across a range of schools across The Primary First Trust.
Visits to the school are encouraged (outside of the normal school day). Please contact the school office to arrange this:
Tel: 01474 555155
Information About Our School
Springhead Park Primary School is located on the rapidly growing Springhead Park housing development in Northfleet, Kent. We are a growing two-form entry school with pupils from Nursery to Year 4 (growing to include Year 5 from September 2021.)
We offer a holistic approach to primary education. Springhead Park Primary is an empowering place of learning where children are taught to the highest of academic standards, and love to learn. We will achieve this through a wide breadth and richness of our everyday curriculum, ensuring that every child has an entitlement to the whole curriculum in order to find their individual talents and passions.
To meet this aim, there are 4 pillars on which we will build our educational culture:
- Academic success: to succeed in life, we will ensure that our children have the basic skills to access the world around them and understand how they can contribute to it.
- Experiential, Enquiry-Led Learning: we will create circumstances whereby children can explore problems, current issues and themes, then create their own innovative solutions. In this way we will develop our pupil’s knowledge, curiosity, resilience and creative problem-solving skills.
- Learning beyond the classroom: children will be inspired by heritage sites, cultural opportunities, the arts, sporting opportunities and make efforts to engage in issues that will affect their communities and the future.
- Complimentary technology: children will have regular access to technology to help them access their learning, develop creative solutions and communicate their thoughts, ideas and creations across the entire curriculum.
As a newly opening school, Springhead Park can offer you the chance to contribute to establishing this holistic, creative and outward facing culture from the very beginning of the journey.
For further information about the school, please visit our website:
To apply for this vacancy please complete the attached application form, available to download from the downloads section below, paying particular attention to Section 4 of the form, to indicate how you satisfy the criteria set out in the Person Specification. You will also be required to complete and return a Self-Disclosure form with your application. CV’s will not be accepted. Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon, Monday 21st June. Alternatively, you can post your completed application form to Mr Wayne Clayton, Headteacher at Springhead Park Primary School, Springhead Parkway, Northfleet, DA11 8BY.
Springhead Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring check and other employment checks. Springhead Park Primary School is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery. References will be requested for those shortlisted ONLY and prior to interview.
The Primary First Trust and Springhead Park Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Primary First Trust operates an equal opportunities policy.