1:1 Learning Progress Assistant – ASD specialist - Lessness Heath Primary School
Post Title: 1:1 Learning Progress Assistant – ASD specialist
School: Lessness Heath Primary School
Location: Erith Road, Belvedere, Kent, DA17 6HB
Status: Fixed Term
Hours/Percentage of Week: 35 hours a week
Weeks per year: 39 weeks a year (term time only)
Grade: PFT C1 - £21,919 pro rata £17,677
Post Start Date: Monday 7th June 2021
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 19th May 2021
Interviews: Thursday 27th May 2021
Are you an innovative and creative Learning Progress Assistant who is passionate about providing inspirational learning opportunities for children? If so, Lessness Heath could offer you a wide range of professional development opportunities as well as a very supportive and dedicated team.
We are currently seeking an experienced applicant:
- To be experienced working 1:1 with ASD children.
- To support a child with speech and language, and social communication needs.
- To support a child with their learning 1:1 in the classroom.
- To help the child initiate and sustain positive social interactions with peers.
Lessness Heath Primary School is a large 3 form entry school in Bexley, South East London. The school had a successful Ofsted inspection (December 2017). Early Years is outstanding, ‘Children make excellent progress in all areas of learning so that the proportion attaining a good level of development by the end of the Reception Year is well above the national average.’ Ofsted stated ‘All pupils behave with consideration and care. They look out for each other and are fully involved with school life. Pupils’ good attitudes to their work and interest in learning also support the good progress that they make.’
We can offer:
- A warm, friendly and supportive school ethos.
- A clear focus on the wellbeing of our whole school community.
- A successful school with a great learning environment.
- Fantastic children who have high aspirations for their achievement.
- Great staff who are welcoming, committed and energetic.
- A strong belief in the development of the whole child through a broad and balanced curriculum.
- A commitment to your on-going professional development.
We are supported by the Primary First Trust, an effective primary only academy chain, who support us in offering exceptional CPD. At any stage of your career, we can offer bespoke tailored training which can support your individual needs and career aspirations.
Visits to the school are always welcomed and encouraged, so you can see first-hand what a career with us can offer and meet our wonderful pupils and staff team.
You can also learn more about us by visiting our website https://lessnessheath-bexley.co.uk
An application pack is attached to this advert and completed application forms should be email to email@example.com by 12pm on Wednesday 19th May 2021.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring check and other employment checks. The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery. References will be requested for those shortlisted ONLY and prior to interview.